Jr. Content Producer
Caribbean Ideas Limited is on a mission to help Caribbean people and organizations become more globally competitive and influential. We’re currently pursuing this mission by expanding into a holding company that will operate subsidiaries across marketing & advertising, training & education, owned content, and beyond.
Our advertising agency business, Caribbean Ideas Synapse, is one of the fastest growing advertising agencies in Trinidad & Tobago. Starting in 2018, we began an evolution to create a unique competency in cross-channel, integrated marketing after 8 years as a digital agency. The agency solves sales and marketing problems across acquisition, engagement and brand storytelling by blending left-brain marketing (digital, strategy, analytics) and right-brain marketing (creativity, design, inspiration).
Our new business units are extending and diversifying the Caribbean Ideas portfolio into new areas, even as we maintain our historical focus on leveraging modern digital technologies, particularly web, mobile, social media and beyond.
As we pursue this ambitious evolution, we have been adding superior talent to our team-oriented environment and are currently looking for a Jr. Content Creator to assist in building a global-class training and education portfolio within a newly formed education business, Caribbean Ideas Academy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Jr Content Producer, you will work closely with our Content Producer to fulfil Academy’s Production needs. This will include various forms of Recording, Graphic Design, Editing and SCORMing (formatting of courses for our learning platform). Processing time expectations stand at approximately 3 hrs for every 1 hr of raw footage but can be less or more dependent on the nature of the content within the videos. As a professional video editor, each submission should be spell checked and otherwise checked for errors before submission. All videos would need to be cross-referenced with the course script and also any design notes prepared beforehand for the course. Submitted work should also be free of unsightly mistakes or lag time from the facilitator; things such as coughs, yawns, long pauses, facial expressions that do not align with the content etc. Once a submission is uploaded it should be fit for final distribution.
As we seek to streamline the look, feel and process of these videos, there will be guidelines as to the format of the video and an example video given as well. Ensure that any submissions align with such. Edits are expected to be completed in line with the schedule developed by the Curriculum Development Manager/Content Producer.
We are looking for a talented Jr. Content Producer to fulfill production needs as needed that matches Academy’s vision and represents the Academy Brand’s high-quality standards. Ultimately, as a Jr. Content Producer, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manipulate and edit filmed courses and other material in a way that is unobtrusive to learners
- Take direction to grasp Academy team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create high quality content that represents our brand
- SCORMing edited courses for upload to our learning platform
- Create Video Reels and other promotional content to assist with Marketing
- Manipulate and edit video footage in a way that is in line with Academy brand
- Assist with video productions
- Be directed by a brief that fulfils the Academy team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create cohesive representation of formulated goals
- Trim footage segments and put together sequences in a logical, clean, coherent order
- Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Commit to specific timelines set by production team and be both responsible and responsive regarding any edits
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
About you / Your Key Attributes:
Along with drive for results, inventiveness, agility, empathy and straightforwardness, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor (Minimum 3 years)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g., Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio (Share via email)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, infographics and Sound and Video Grading
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Keen eye for details
- AS, BS degree, Certification in film studies, cinematography or related field (Display expertise with portfolio and/or months of experience)