As one of the fastest growing advertising agencies in Trinidad & Tobago, Caribbean Ideas Synapse is on a journey to create a new type of marketing and advertising agency as part of the wider mission of our parent company Caribbean Ideas Limited.
Our overall mission is to help Caribbean people and organizations become more globally competitive and influential. In 2018 our agency business began an evolution from 8 years as a digital agency to pursuing a vision of creating a full-service agency that delivered on the promise of truly integrated marketing. We believe that we can create a Caribbean agency that solves sales and marketing problems by blending left-brain marketing (digital, strategy, analytics) and right-brain marketing (creativity, design, inspiration).
We’re adding superior talent to our team-oriented environment and are currently looking for a Sr. Digital Strategist / Digital Lead to drive the agency’s delivery of digital acquisition and engagement strategies as part of our integrated team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To deliver the type of integrated marketing that help clients acquire and engage customers or deliver on their brand storytelling objectives, we use strategy consulting, design, content, digital marketing, advertising, events, public relations and more to deliver solutions for our clients.
The Digital Lead reports to the Creative Director and manages a team of digital strategists who have responsibility for translating client business objectives and requests into digital strategies and tactical execution designed to achieve their stated goals, and ensuring that that strategies developed integrate seamlessly with other tactics utilizing other channels including events, traditional media and beyond.
To succeed in this role you will lead a diverse team that blends deep understanding of modern digital acquisition and engagement marketing strategies and tactics, with fostering an environment that encourages agility, collaboration, continuous learning and accountability.
The ideal candidate will succeed in this role by balancing a strong understanding of modern marketing techniques, client-focused service delivery, a laser focus on delivering return on investment, and an ability to understand client and industry business models.
You will also strongly embody the company’s values of being positive, solution-oriented, empathetic, and inclusive, continually showcasing the emotional intelligence required to manage and motivate a team of internal and external creative and marketing professionals.
Your work will help develop our company into a global-class agency, that acquires and consistently delights a portfolio of local, regional and international clients.
Work Planning and Scheduling
Review client briefs / requirements and use an understanding of clients’ goals and competitive realities to help craft strategies and solutions to their challenges via creative marketing.
Directly drive or contribute to work-planning and work-assignment for your team and deploy team members to cross-functional teams
Collaborate as needed with account services and clients to ensure understanding of their needs
Determine production schedule by conferring with heads of art, digital, production and account service teams, considering team or 3rd-party capabilities, workload and other scheduling factors
Develop or oversee the development of briefing documents that help to orient in-house and external digital partners
Own Delivery of Digital Acquisition & Engagement Activities
- Own and manage delivery of services ranging from media buying, social media, digital and inbound marketing, marketing automation, communications and more, while collaborating closely with internal stakeholder teams
- Define and uphold superior work standards by following production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, resolving operational problems and continuously identifying process improvements
- Determine project content and quality by collaborating with and empowering team members and where appropriate, acting as final reviewer / approver of work outputs
- Collaborate to develop an end-to-end ideation process and to refine work delivery processes for the creative services team
- Drive or participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions, while also embedding consistent digital marketing approach and other processes that guide our work
- Collaborate cross-functionally on the development of marketing strategies and approaches that address clients’ acquisition, engagement and brand storytelling goals
- Ensure on-time completion of requirements across assigned services, and keep internal teams and when necessary clients informed of progress vs. plans
- Deliver added-value insights that keep clients and internal teams informed by compiling, analyzing and reporting on the results of services delivered.
- Revise and evolve approaches to service delivery based on analysis and observed results, and build a data-driven culture among all team members
- Collaborate on or lead as required presentations to clients of proposed solutions including but not limited to brand, content, design, digital and other strategies or work initiatives
- Oversee and contribute to superb, on-time execution of individual clients’ agreed digital or integrated marketing plans
- Develop or contribute to the processes that move the team and overall organization to becoming a highly effective, global-class marketing / advertising agency
Team Leadership, Coaching & Development
- Strategically guide and empower team members and new hires to higher degrees of skill / competence by smart coaching, performance management & ongoing skill development
- Embed and uphold a team and collaboration dynamic in line with the company’s desired core traits, culture and principles
- Manage team recruiting and selection as overall hiring manager, collaborating with people leads and company leadership
- Orient and onboard new team members in collaboration with your team leadership
- Contribute where appropriate to the mentorship / development of team members who are not in the creative and digital team
- Continuously assess and review skill gaps and contribute to / facilitate training and skill building
- Create and participate in a culture of continuous learning and collaboration
Continuous Learning, Analysis & Insights
• Learn continuously to stay on top of the latest trends globally and regionally in integrated marketing, digital, advertising and all key service areas
• Raise the company’s marketing IQ internally by identifying best practices, tools, case studies and campaigns. Keep up to speed with latest developments in Digital or Transmedia Marketing, identify new opportunities to improve our digital programs effectiveness.
• Perform competitive analysis, research new opportunities, and use data to provide strategic recommendations that support client growth
About you: Experience & Key Attributes
Along with drive for results, inventiveness, agility, empathy and straightforwardness, your previous experience and attributes will include:
• 7+ years of professional working experience
• 5+ years in marketing preferably in the advertising industry in a leadership role tied to creative services
• Robust communication skills – verbal (great presentation skills) and written (editorial content)
• Strong analytical and creative thinking skills with strong ability to generate insights, understand competitive analysis, and conduct market assessments
• Experience managing and executing cross-functional and complicated projects from start to finish and ability to drive results
• Track record of driving positive results for assigned clients
• Team player attitude with track record of collaborating effectively across functions
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members within your department and beyond
• Demonstrated experience crafting and landing end to end marketing strategies with clients
• Proficient in working with advertising tools, including digital advertising, social media and analytics software and tools
• Knowledge and expertise of social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
• A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously