ABOUT THE JOB
We’re hiring a dynamic, Associate Creative & Design Director / Creative & Design Lead to head up one of our production teams focused on creative concepts, design and photography/videography.
As the Associate Creative & Design Director / Creative & Design Lead, you will play a critical role in achieving client success. You will balance an ability to come up with ideas that work online, offline and seamlessly across channels, with an ability to manage internal and external resources, motivate direct and indirect staff, and interface with senior management.
You will partner closely with peers and team members across client service, production and content / digital engagement, to craft, orchestrate and implement integrated marketing that drives results. You will also have the aptitude and desire to excel at the operational aspects of being a creative leader, including people management, project management and reporting.
This is an important role that will play a part in our continuing evolution into a global-class integrated marketing agency that delivers value to a portfolio of local, regional & international clients.
CREATIVE, DESIGN AND ART DIRECTION AND STRATEGY
- Lead and inspire a team of designers and other creative, including driving or participating in planning and ideation sessions to craft plans that meet client goals
- Promote atmosphere of creativity within established brand and budget guidelines
- Deliver strategies that utilize global best practices for digital, experiential and integrated marketing experiences and campaigns
- Relentlessly push the envelope to create better creative strategies and create the new standards and best practices
- Work with the Group Creative Director, other teams in the production department (e.g. Content & Engagement) and Client Service Director to ensure maximum effectiveness of concepts and on-time, on-budget execution
- Understand, interpret and as needed speak the language of clients, to translate creative strategy into return on investment and results
- Build an excellent understanding of individual clients’ business objectives, their industries and competitive environments. This will typically be in close collaboration with client management & other team members
- Participate in or lead proactive client pitches and upsell pitches / presentations to existing clients
- Manage up to ensure connection to overall agency sales strategy and visibility into contribution of creative and design team
CREATIVE PRODUCTION & EXECUTION
- Own and drive the creative calendar to include the creation, maintenance and delivery of detailed creative project plans, strategic initiative launches and internal department needs
- Manage and provide quality control over multiple concurrent projects from conception through completion. Projects to include (graphic design, copywriting, user experience design for web & mobile, in-person brand activations, video shoots, photo shoots)
- Source and manage freelance artist, designers, copywriters, videographers and photographers
- Create, contribute to or review briefs for internal or external creative resources
- Create or contribute to project plans for assigned projects
- Deliver reports to agency executive management and clients on project performance and results vs. plan
- Recruit, train and develop in-house creative personnel as required to meet growing client demands
- Strategically guide the existing team and new additions to higher degrees of skill / competence by smart coaching, performance management and development efforts
- Contribute where appropriate to the mentorship / development of team members who are not in your direct department
- Continuously assess and review skill gaps and contribute to / facilitate training and skill building
- Create and participate in a culture of continuous learning, ownership and accountability
- Plan and conduct personnel reviews, performance management and other department manager tasks
About you / Your Key Attributes:
Along with drive for results, inventiveness, agility, empathy and straightforwardness, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Outstanding portfolio of award-winning work that drives results. Preference to demonstrated combination of design, copywriting, digital & experiential work.
- 6-10 years of professional working experience
- 5- 7 years of direct agency experience in a creative leadership role
- Minimum 3+ years of demonstrated track record crafting and orchestrating digital projects and activities (Mobile / Web, Design for Digital, Social, Digital Campaigns etc.)
- Robust communications skills – verbal (charismatic presentation skills) and written (editorial content)
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills with strong ability to generate insights, understand competitive analysis, and conduct market assessments
- Experience managing and executing cross-functional and complicated projects from start to finish and ability to drive results
- Team player attitude with ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proficient in working with digital advertising, social media and analytics software and tools: Google Analytics, CMS, marketing automation platforms etc.
- Knowledge and expertise of social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously